Brightspace Student Orientation
D2L Brightspace Discussions
D2L Notification Set Up For Students
Learning Management System Change
Login to Brightspace Courses
Safety and Security
Advisory Committee On Campus Security
AllianceAlert (e2campus) Timely Warning
Campus Climate Survey
Drug and Alcohol Policy and Prevention Program
Emergency Response Summary
Emergency Updates and School Closings
Employee Training and Education
Fire Safety Procedures
Hostile Intruder On Campus
Important Safety & Security Contacts
Missing Persons Policy
Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
Protections and Accommodations
Reporting Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking
Safety and Security
Security Policies and Procedures
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence: Important Resources and Phone Numbers
Sexual Misconduct and Violence Policy
Student Onboarding & Ongoing Education Guide
Student or Employee of Concern
Suspicious Activity On Campus
Library Access (Guest / Visitor)
Library Access (Website)
Library Safety Protocols (COVID-19)
Library Ways to Contact
Citation - Creating NoodleTools Account
Citation - Using NoodleTools
Citations for a Paper
Finding Books in the Library
Online Library Resources and Services
Dissertations written by ATS DMin students
Finding Scholarly Journal Articles
Library Resources - Videos
TREN - Theological Research Exchange Network
Connecting to AcademicallyExcellent Wifi
Microsoft Office Tools
MyAllianceU Login Instructions
Address & Telephone Change
Advisement for Online Registration
Alliance University Catalog
Application for Transfer Credit Approval
Courses Missing from Brightspace
Getting Connected with Advisors and Registrar
Graduation Audit Request
How can I earn Commencement Honors?
How do I order my cap & gown for Commencement?
How to submit an Incomplete Grade Request
Identifying My Faculty Advisor
Is my course held online, hybrid or in-person?
Request for Enrollment Certification
Requesting Student Transcripts
Term Course Listings
Tracking Degree Audit
Veteran and Military Personnel Benefits
Where can I find my class schedule?
Withdrawing from a Class
Student Financial Services
Alternative Loan Application
Biden's Loan Forgiveness
Borrowers Right to Cancel
Closed School Discharge
Contacting Financial Aid Advisor
Exit Loan Counseling
FAFSA Application site
FAFSA Overview video
FAFSA Status - Independent vs. Dependent Student
Federal Student Aid ID
Financial Aid Documents
Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
Finding My Account Balance
How can I get a 1098T receipt for my taxes?
How can I get a receipt to confirm that I made an online payment?
How do I apply to have my federal student loan discharged?
How do I know if I am missing documents? Where can I go to see what documents I am am missing?
How to Calculate Interest Rate on Loans
How to Complete the Registration process and financial clearance in four easy steps
How to Create an Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
How to fill out the FAFSA
How to join a Google Meeting.
How to view your degree audit and track academic progress.
Including Parent Information on FASFA
Large Account Balance
Make a Payment on Your Student Account
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Nelnet Payment Plan - Undergrad
Outstanding Balance Hold. Registration Hold.
Proof of Residency and Citizenship
SAP Appeal Letter
Selective Service Registration (Men 18-25 ONLY)
TAP Application Assistance
The Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid and FAFSA for College Students
Troubleshooting Your Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
Tuition Assistance Program
Tuition Liability Policy - Undergrad
Uploading Documents to Student Portal
What are the technology fees?
What happens to my Loans if I take a semester off?
What is Financial Aid? What is considered Financial Aid?
What is a Professional Judgment?
What is does GPA stand for?
What is the cost of Summer Courses?
Where can I find the Financial Aid Documents Required
Where do I find the forms I need for Verification?
Where do I go to complete the TAP application? What is the School Code for TAP?
Where do I go to get my student ID?
Who is my lender?
The Advisement Center
Contacting Advisement Center
Get Started With Disability Services
Accommodation for Disabilities
Booking in Advance
Citation Styles (APA/MLA/Turabian)
Connecting with Writing Consultants
Dropping Off Papers
Extra Help for Non-Native Speakers
How Do I Apply for a Job With the Writing Center?
Multiple Same-Day Appointments
Session Review Form
Writing Center Contact
Writing Center Services
Updated by AU Staff
With an open campus and multiple students, faculty, and staff involved in Alliance University daily functions, there can be a significant amount of activity on campus at any given time. It can be easy for anything out of the norm to get lost in all of the commotion on campus. However, it is imperative to remember to remain aware of your surroundings and to report any suspicious activity. If you witness a person acting in an odd or unusual manner or if a person or situation makes you feel uneasy, trust your instincts and report it to the local police and to Alliance University Campus Safety. If the individual begins to actively cause death or serious bodily injury, or the threat of imminent death or serious bodily injury to those in the immediate vicinity, follow the procedures for a Hostile Intruder.
- Generally, you should not engage a person who is acting suspiciously. However if others are around, and you feel comfortable doing so, you can approach the person and ask “can I help you.” If this person legitimately needs help, they will appreciate the offer. If not, then he/she will know that they have been noticed, which may prevent potential criminal activity.
- Do not let any unauthorized person into a locked building or office.
- Do not block the person’s access to an exit.
- Call 911. Be prepared to give the dispatcher:
- Your name, current location, and phone number where you can be reached.
- A description of the person(s) acting suspiciously to include:
- Approximate age
- Approximate height and weight
- Build (heavy-set, thin, medium build)
- Hair color and length
- Facial hair
- Clothing type and color (hat, coat, shirt, pants/skirt or dress, shoes, gloves)
- Other noticed features (glasses, jewelry, scars, tattoos, dental features, accent, etc.)
- If a vehicle is involved, the make, model, color, and license plate.
- A description of the behavior that caused you to be suspicious.
- Where the suspicious person was last seen and direction of travel.
- If a suspicious person is standing at your car, or near a parking spot, just keep walking past that location. When it appears to be safe, return to your vehicle and look around and inside your vehicle before getting in.
- If it is safe and you are in a position to do so, after contacting 911, contact Campus Safety to file a report with the College and to facilitate making the campus community aware of the incident:
- Manhattan: x 6198 from a campus phone. (845) 261-9504 or (845)646-6198 from a private or public phone.
- The Bay at Jersey City: (845) 2228812 from a private or public phone.