Brightspace Student Orientation
D2L Brightspace Discussions
D2L Notification Set Up For Students
Learning Management System Change
Login to Brightspace Courses
Safety and Security
Advisory Committee On Campus Security
AllianceAlert (e2campus) Timely Warning
Campus Climate Survey
Drug and Alcohol Policy and Prevention Program
Emergency Response Summary
Emergency Updates and School Closings
Employee Training and Education
Fire Safety Procedures
Hostile Intruder On Campus
Important Safety & Security Contacts
Missing Persons Policy
Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
Protections and Accommodations
Reporting Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking
Safety and Security
Security Policies and Procedures
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence: Important Resources and Phone Numbers
Sexual Misconduct and Violence Policy
Student Onboarding & Ongoing Education Guide
Student or Employee of Concern
Suspicious Activity On Campus
Library Access (Guest / Visitor)
Library Access (Website)
Library Safety Protocols (COVID-19)
Library Ways to Contact
Citation - Creating NoodleTools Account
Citation - Using NoodleTools
Citations for a Paper
Finding Books in the Library
Online Library Resources and Services
Dissertations written by ATS DMin students
Finding Scholarly Journal Articles
Library Resources - Videos
TREN - Theological Research Exchange Network
Connecting to AcademicallyExcellent Wifi
Microsoft Office Tools
MyAllianceU Login Instructions
Address & Telephone Change
Advisement for Online Registration
Alliance University Catalog
Application for Transfer Credit Approval
Courses Missing from Brightspace
Getting Connected with Advisors and Registrar
Graduation Audit Request
How can I earn Commencement Honors?
How do I order my cap & gown for Commencement?
How to submit an Incomplete Grade Request
Identifying My Faculty Advisor
Is my course held online, hybrid or in-person?
Request for Enrollment Certification
Requesting Student Transcripts
Term Course Listings
Tracking Degree Audit
Veteran and Military Personnel Benefits
Where can I find my class schedule?
Withdrawing from a Class
Student Financial Services
Alternative Loan Application
Biden's Loan Forgiveness
Borrowers Right to Cancel
Closed School Discharge
Contacting Financial Aid Advisor
Exit Loan Counseling
FAFSA Application site
FAFSA Overview video
FAFSA Status - Independent vs. Dependent Student
Federal Student Aid ID
Financial Aid Documents
Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
Finding My Account Balance
How can I get a 1098T receipt for my taxes?
How can I get a receipt to confirm that I made an online payment?
How do I apply to have my federal student loan discharged?
How do I know if I am missing documents? Where can I go to see what documents I am am missing?
How to Calculate Interest Rate on Loans
How to Complete the Registration process and financial clearance in four easy steps
How to Create an Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
How to fill out the FAFSA
How to join a Google Meeting.
How to view your degree audit and track academic progress.
Including Parent Information on FASFA
Large Account Balance
Make a Payment on Your Student Account
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Nelnet Payment Plan - Undergrad
Outstanding Balance Hold. Registration Hold.
Proof of Residency and Citizenship
SAP Appeal Letter
Selective Service Registration (Men 18-25 ONLY)
TAP Application Assistance
The Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid and FAFSA for College Students
Troubleshooting Your Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
Tuition Assistance Program
Tuition Liability Policy - Undergrad
Uploading Documents to Student Portal
What are the technology fees?
What happens to my Loans if I take a semester off?
What is Financial Aid? What is considered Financial Aid?
What is a Professional Judgment?
What is does GPA stand for?
What is the cost of Summer Courses?
Where can I find the Financial Aid Documents Required
Where do I find the forms I need for Verification?
Where do I go to complete the TAP application? What is the School Code for TAP?
Where do I go to get my student ID?
Who is my lender?
The Advisement Center
Contacting Advisement Center
Get Started With Disability Services
Accommodation for Disabilities
Booking in Advance
Citation Styles (APA/MLA/Turabian)
Connecting with Writing Consultants
Dropping Off Papers
Extra Help for Non-Native Speakers
How Do I Apply for a Job With the Writing Center?
Multiple Same-Day Appointments
Session Review Form
Writing Center Contact
Writing Center Services
Updated by AU Staff
The first action of prevention occurs prior to commencement of employment. Applicants are required to complete and sign an employment application acknowledging and indicating agreement with the Alliance University Statement of Faith, core values, and equal employment opportunities. All full-time employees, adjunct faculty, and part-time staff with defined roles, must also have a complete and clear background screening before hire. New employees receive the Employee Handbook and sign that they have read and will abide by the College policies including policies about prevention of harassment and discrimination.
Faculty and Staff training also occurs during the Faculty/Staff Retreat in August before the academic year begins. The Title IX Coordinator presents and reviews all Sexual Assault Prevention and Response policies and procedures with employees. In particular, the presentation includes:
- National statistics about the prevalence of sexual assault.
- Institution-specific statistics from the campus climate survey.
- Federal and state legislation aimed at promoting campus safety.
- Examples of safety concerns and discrimination.
- How to respond to an incident or report.
- On-line location of all related policies and definitions
In addition, at least annually, targeted training is given to individuals who hold responsibility for ensuring compliance with related federal and state legislations. Some of these targeted trainings include:
- Student Development and Residence Life staff training on Responding to Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, and/or Stalking Victims.
- Student Disciplinary Committee members training on conducting timely and thorough investigations of sexual violence, the effects of trauma, impartiality, and guaranteeing the rights of the respondent.
- Athletic Administrators and Coaches training on institutional policies and processes regarding sexual violence prevention and adjudication and resolution of acts of sexual violence
Methods of training and educating employees may include, but are not limited to:
- Written resources posted around Campus to improve communication including the “Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking” Brochure and “Nine Things to Know about Title IX” poster.
- Electronic resources include the Dean’s email to all employees about The Student of Concern Committee’s policies and procedures to promote students’ health and safety.
- Workshops and seminars presented by the Office of Student Development and Counseling Services on topics including Safety in Relationships, Self-Defense, Body Image, Healthy Sexuality, and Strengthening Relationships.
- Partnering with State and local community organizations that provide outreach, support, crisis intervention, counseling and other resources to victims/survivors of crimes to offer training and education.
Online training resources including Title IX for Higher Education, Campus Security Obligations Under Federal Law, and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Employees.